Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Perfect Chair in a Perfect World


I'm not a big fan of plastic colourful children furniture but my son is. He likes those chairs and tables in bright colours that seem to scream "please little child play with me". If I could decide, but that right vanished when he turned 3 and got an opinion of his own, his next set of furniture would be made of wood and be classic but yet modern. I just came across Gärsnäs beautiful children chair Milla by awarded Swedish designer Åke Axelsson and I’m head-over-heels. This charming chair almost looks like someone’s handy grandfather has made it, but its functionality and impeccable details reveal that it is made by a master. I can really see it in my sons room next to the mountains of Lego and home made spaceships. But to have just one would be a pity, just see how beautifully they are piled up together! 




No comments:

Post a Comment