Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hide and Seek and a Long Eared Rabbit


This day turned out to be better than I imagined waking up in the morning. Last night I came down with a cold and within an hour I had a shivers and fever. As I lay in bed shaking I cursed that it would be a tomorrow alone with two kids and no time to rest. The day started good with a sleeping baby, cuddling boy and no fever. The day went by and we did okay. No tantrums, no very loud crying and still no fever. But after lunch my body shut down. With no words it shouted: “Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep!”. I knew I had to wish for a miracle in order to be able to make my 4-year old take a nap. So, in that moment when I sat on the floor with a Buzz Lightyear doll in my hand and mashed potatoes in my brain I turned my back to perfect parenting and instead I turned to bribing. I fed the baby and put him sleeping in his cot and then gently asked my little boy take a nap with me. He refused. I then gave him my counter argument. “If you take a nap I will play as much hide and seek with you as you want…and you can sleep with baby brother’s toy rabbit.” That made the trick and all three of us enjoyed two hours of magical and healing sleep.

This toy rabbit by the way is a piece of heaven in it self; so soft and cuddly and the perfect shape for a perfect hug. My baby boy got it from my aunt and uncle when he was born and I will definitely get one for my big son for his 4rth birthday in a month. You can check them out at TEDDYKOMPANIET and if you just have to have one you can order it online from LEKMER.


No comments:

Post a Comment