Monday, April 4, 2011

My Very First...


This is my very first blog post, ever. I really don’t know why it took me so long. After all I’m a writer, or at least used to be. Maybe the reason is that I spend most of my days in pajamas picking up toys after a 4 year old and constantly feeding or thinking about feeding a 3 month old baby? No, mothers all over the world blog just hours after they given birth and many more succeed to write a brilliant post with a crying baby on their laps, so no being a mother is not a good excuse. So, maybe the reason I have stayed away from the blogging community is integrity? That I don’t want to splash my life all over internet and let people comment on it? No, that is not it. I know that blogging today is not what it used to be. I know a blog can be a great tool to inspire others and to be inspired. Hm…yes! I think I’m getting closer! I think the real reason I didn’t type that very first post years ago, is that I simply didn’t know what to write about. Now I do. Now I want to share something with all of you, and as many of you as possible!

My blog is all about sharing my love for Swedish design and more specifically Swedish design for kids. As a Swedish expat and a mother of two brilliant boys I spend a lot of time looking for cool, unique, inspiring, creative and functional stuff for children. As I’m far away from my mother land I have started to look at everything Swedish with different eyes. When I still lived in the land up north I was somewhat blind and couldn’t really see the beauty with many of the things that lay before me. But now, and as a mother, I can see the greatness with many Swedish things designed for children. Because the greatness, I think, lies in the word designed. Swedish products for kids often succeed to mirror that they are tailored to meet children’s needs. It could be the need to stay dry, the need to be creative or just the need to be unique. So, what hooked me on Swedish design for kids is merely that I feel inspired by it and what it brings to my children; functionality and originality.

Now when I finally done it, written my very first blog post that is, I feel ready to inspire you with beautiful Swedish kid stuff. What can be more appropriate than to show you a colorful and pretty little rattle from Brio that is included in their toy range called My Very First? 


No comments:

Post a Comment